Electronic Certificate of Medical Necessity Forms
Finally, an easy, secure and efficient electronic CMN completion process is available that will help to reduce the time spent on administrative tasks associated with a paper process.
About Inscrybe™ eCMN
Apria Healthcare, in collaboration with Authentidate, is pleased to provide electronic CMN (eCMN) as a service to Apria's referring physicians. Inscrybe™ eCMN allows physicians to easily complete and electronically sign CMNs through the Internet.
Click here for a demonstration of eCMN.
Reasons to Enroll
- Fast, efficient electronic CMN completion process = Less time spent on administrative paperwork
- Automatic notification by e-mail of CMNs that require your review and completion
- Ability to designate office staff to complete the CMN (excluding the electronic signature)
- Easy-to-use site features a split-screen, the top portion of which displays information Apria obtained upon initial referral and/or verbal confirmation of the order. The bottom portion of the screen displays the CMN itself
- Immediate notifications of required fields that have been missed = No need to worry about accidental omissions of information on the CMN
- Easy compliance with government regulations
- Secure electronic transmission
How the Inscrybe eCMN Solution Works
The physician (or designated person) will:
- Receive an e-mail notification that a CMN form is waiting online to be completed
- Click the URL contained in the e-mail to go to the Authentidate website to complete open eCMNs
- Complete eCMN section B. Then the physician completes section D, the electronic physician signature. Note that sections A and C will have already been completed by Apria
- Click submit for the completed eCMN to be transmitted electronically to Apria for processing.